Skip to main content

The Reason for the Season

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

Merry Christmas! Christmas is truly the most wonderful time of the year! I love the holidays so much because of the extra time spent with family and friends, baking, giving to others, the cheeriness, and the reason we celebrate Christmas, Jesus' birth. It never ceases to amaze me that Jesus would humble himself as a baby and be born into the world to save us. His love for us is so incredible and  mind blowing. My hope for you today, is that as you open your presents and enjoy time with family, that you will take a few moments to reflect on the real meaning of Christmas and the true reason for the season. 

For today's look, I'm showing you my Christmas day outfit! I love how this outfit is dressy, yet still comfortable. I found this skirt on Black Friday and immediately thought that it would be perfect to wear on Christmas. I like the complete look but especially like the coloring of the plaid patterning on the skirt.  
Since I wanted the skirt to be the main focus of the look, I chose a black top to keep the attention on the pattern on the skirt .



For my jewelry I paired the outfit with a bold gold statement necklace from Forever 21. I like that the necklace adds to the outfit, without drawing too much attention. I also added a unique bracelet that I purchased over the summer at a little shop in Wisconsin. I added the belt to tie the outfit together and to add additional interest.


Outfit Details:
Top: JcPenney (Old Purchase)
Skirt: Gap Outlet
Tights: Old Navy
Heels: Payless Shoes (Old Purchase)
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelet: Mainstreet Market
Belt: Kohl's 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Autumn Cape

Last year I hopped on the cape bandwagon, and I am so glad I did. Similar to blanket scarves, they are just like socially acceptable blankets.  An added bonus is that they are super cute too! I saw a red and black buffalo checked cape in a picture last fall and searched all winter for a look-alike! Finally, a few weeks ago at Walmart, of all places, I spotted this one! I scored it for under $15 and was a happy girl! Here's how I styled it and how you can get the look! I started by layering the cape with a simple white shirt to brighten up the outfit. Between the warmth of the shirt underneath and the cape itself, this look was perfect for a gorgeous fall day. I paired the tops with my go-to American Eagle jeans, to keep the outfit simple and comfortable.   Since I am so short, a lot of material can easily swallow me up and create a very boxy shape. With this in mind, I added a simple tan belt around my waist to give the cape some shape. I was feeling extr...

18th Birthday

Another year of life has come and gone! I am so thankful for all of the family and friends who made my 18th birthday so special and memorable! This past year has been one filled with amazing memories that I hope will last a lifetime. Looking forward to this next year I know lots of changes will be in store, but I am so excited to see what the future holds! Today I am sharing with you my birthday outfit! I am in love with this adorable black maxi! The dress is super lightweight and absolutely perfect for summer and I love pairing off the shoulder pieces with simple and dainty necklaces for a feminine feel. Dress Shoes Necklace Hat (Similar) Earrings Thanks for stopping by! -Sarah Zobel

A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Ah, fall is finally here and couldn't be happier about it! I love the cooler weather, pretty trees, and fun fall activities. I have to admit though that my favorite aspect of fall is that fact that I get to pull out all of my cozy sweaters and scarves. The fall months are prime time for playing around with layering due to the unpredictable tempatures. My easy go-to outfit for fall consists of a sweater, vest, blanket scarf, jeans, and riding boots. The evening my mom and I went to the pumpkin farm was the definition of a perfect fall evening; 50 degrees, a cool breeze, and sunny. I've linked all of the pieces down below if you are interested in getting the look! This outfit was perfect for finding the perfect pumpkin! It kept me plenty warm while still allowed for me to be able to easily move around! All of the pieces from this outfit are staples of mine. They all can be mixed and matched with so many other outfits to create a totally different look!  I love blan...