Summer is officially here which means that it is finally time to pull out all your sundresses! I absolutely love this time of year! School is out, the sun is shining, and the weather is perfect! This summer look is perfect for any special events you have coming up! White lace just screams summertime to me! I love mixing and matching different ways to style this dress! Today I'll be sharing one way I love to style this dress for a summer.
Last year I hopped on the cape bandwagon, and I am so glad I did. Similar to blanket scarves, they are just like socially acceptable blankets. An added bonus is that they are super cute too! I saw a red and black buffalo checked cape in a picture last fall and searched all winter for a look-alike! Finally, a few weeks ago at Walmart, of all places, I spotted this one! I scored it for under $15 and was a happy girl! Here's how I styled it and how you can get the look! I started by layering the cape with a simple white shirt to brighten up the outfit. Between the warmth of the shirt underneath and the cape itself, this look was perfect for a gorgeous fall day. I paired the tops with my go-to American Eagle jeans, to keep the outfit simple and comfortable. Since I am so short, a lot of material can easily swallow me up and create a very boxy shape. With this in mind, I added a simple tan belt around my waist to give the cape some shape. I was feeling extr...





Comments
Post a Comment