Skip to main content

4th of July Style Inspiration


With the 4th being just two days away (where has summer gone already?!?), I thought I would share with you a few looks to help jump start anyone still needing outfit inspo for Monday! I tried to put together looks for several different occasions and different personal styles. Let me know in the comments which look is your favorite!

Make-up and Hair 
For my makeup I did my everyday makeup look and added a fun, bright red lipstick to make the looks more patriotic! For my hair I used my 25mm NuMe curling wand and lightly brushed through the curls to get a softer curl/ defined wave.  
 

Look #1: Simple and Trendy 



 This outfit is super simple to re-create! I made sure to keep it simple with staples that most people already have in their closet. 

What you need to get the look: 
  • A white t-shirt
  • Denim shorts (even better if they are high-waisted!)
  • A red bandana (Walmart sells them for $1)
  • White Converse or sneakers
  • Fun sunglasses 
Look #2: Striped Casual
 




 This look is my favorite! I love how stylish and comfy it is, and it is perfect for a hot day outside on the 4th! 

What you need to get the look: 
  • A blue and white striped tank top or shirt 
  • Red shorts or pants (I'm in love with the pair I have on from Loft)
  • A white purse
  • Sandals or wedges 
Look #3: Sporty



 If you're looking to keep it super comfy and casual, but you still want to show a little American spirit, this look is perfect for you! 

What you need to get the look:
  • A blue baseball hat
  • A red t-shirt
  • White athletic shorts 
Look #4: Stripes 






This outfit is also really comfortable, while still being super cute! I love how these shorts are the center of attention of the outfit, while the red shirt adds the pop of red to pull the look all together!

What you need to get the look: 
  • A red shirt
  • Blue and white striped shorts
  • Fun jewelry
  • A white purse 
  • Sandals 
Look #5: All Dolled Up


 I'll be the first to admit that this probably isn't the most functional outfit if you're going to be out and about on the 4th, but it's still a super cute look for dinner or a get-together. Plus, the red, white, and blue in this look is subtle, so this outfit could totally pass on an ordinary day!

What you need to get the look: 
  • A blue and white patterned top (Mine is from Forever 21)
  • White pants (or shorts) 
  • Gold jewelry
  • A white purse 
  • Sandals or wedges 
  • A cute hat (this one is currently clearanced at Target!)
Look 6: Scalloped and Dressed up


 For this final look I made sure to put something together that is stylish, functional, and comfy-this look fits that mold perfectly! The scallops on this tank are SO adorable and I love the way the blue necklace pops against the bright red color of this top! 

What you need to get the look:
  • A red shirt or tank top
  • White shorts or pants
  • A blue necklace
  • Sandals
  • A cute sun hat


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Skirt: Four Ways

Francesca's is a dangerous store for me to go in to. Over spring break I went into Francesca's to just try on a possible graduation dress and ended up with a dress, skirt, and top- oops! Needless to say, I'm kind of obsessed with this skirt- it's so pretty and feminine! I love the colors and how easy it is to style. In today's post I will be sharing four ways to style this skirt. I am just obsessed with this skirt! The floral detailing is so pretty and feminine. Honestly I felt like it was a little out of my traditional comfort zone, but I decided to go for it! This tank is one of the tops I walked out of Francesca's with. The pink matched the colors in the skirt too perfectly to pass up! I purchased this lace top from LOFT last spring and I have found SO many different ways to style it! It pairs so nicely with this skirt and you can wear it tucked in or out-whatever best fits your preference. I personally like to tu

The Perfect Autumn Cape

Last year I hopped on the cape bandwagon, and I am so glad I did. Similar to blanket scarves, they are just like socially acceptable blankets.  An added bonus is that they are super cute too! I saw a red and black buffalo checked cape in a picture last fall and searched all winter for a look-alike! Finally, a few weeks ago at Walmart, of all places, I spotted this one! I scored it for under $15 and was a happy girl! Here's how I styled it and how you can get the look! I started by layering the cape with a simple white shirt to brighten up the outfit. Between the warmth of the shirt underneath and the cape itself, this look was perfect for a gorgeous fall day. I paired the tops with my go-to American Eagle jeans, to keep the outfit simple and comfortable.   Since I am so short, a lot of material can easily swallow me up and create a very boxy shape. With this in mind, I added a simple tan belt around my waist to give the cape some shape. I was feeling extra excited

Shopping Tips, Tricks, and Rules

I’m sure it is no surprise to you, but I love shopping! And since I love shopping I have picked up a few tips and tricks to be able to shop and get the clothing I want, without breaking the bank. With spring break just around the corner and spring in sight, I thought I would pass on a list of some of the rules I follow while shopping, as well as some tips on how to save money! Personal Rules/Tips: 1.      Think it through When I am shopping I have a rule for myself: I have to be able to put whatever I am considering buying with at least two different outfits. I do this so that I don’t buy something and only be able to wear it one way. I want to get the most out of my clothes and be able to wear them several different ways! I know that not everyone is able to just visualize an outfit, but I personally find it very helpful! 2.      Try it on I know that I definitely sometimes don’t feel like trying everything on, but things can look so different on than they did on the han