Skip to main content

2017 in Review

With 2017 drawing to a close, I have a lot to be thankful this year! This year was one full of chapters closing and new beginnings. As 2018 draws near, I thought it would be fun to reflect on this past year by going through each month highlighting some of the bigger events that occurred! I also will have my outfit linked at the bottom!

January: 2017 started out strong, but nothing too memerable happened this month. I stayed busy working, spending time with friends, and taking blog pictures.

February: February was a slower month and although it isn't much of a highlight, I had my wisdom teeth removed!


March: My family and I escaped the cold and snowy Iowa winter weather and drove to Fort Walton Beach in Florida! There was lots of sunshine, bright blue ocean views, and time with family! I took advantage of the gorgeous white sandy beaches and emerald-colored ocean and captured lots of pictures!

April: This month was full of good memories! I finished out my last high school tennis season strong, went to my senior prom, had a fun senior skip day, and helped lead a youth group retreat! April was a busy but happy month!


May: Towards the end of May a big chapter of my life came to a close. I graduated from high school and celebrated this time with friends and family at graduation parties.

June: I was blessed with the opportunity to go to the Dominican Republic on a 10 day mission trip through my church's high school youth group. This month I also turned the big 18!


July: This month was filled with several weeks at Pine Lake and in Door County, Wisconsin! I was able to spend lots of time with family and spend some time relaxing!

August: I packed up my belongings, said my goodbyes, and went off to start a new chapter of my life at Iowa State! Despite being nervous about the big change, I quickly adjusted and started to love college life!


September: September was filled with lots of new adventures! I enjoyed my first true camping experience, attended the Des Moines Fashion Week Finale and went to the Des Moines Farmer's Market.  I had a blast adjusting to life at Iowa State and meeting lots of new people!

October: Simply Sarah Nicole turned 3! October 25th marked three years of blogging for me! Although I have been a bit MIA the last few months, one of my New Years resolutions is to blog more consistently! October was full of trips to the pumpkin patch, soaking in the beauty of Iowa State's campus at the peak of autumn, and attending Salt's fall retreat (the campus ministry I am involved with).

November:  With lots of projects due, exams ahead, and working a few days a week at Target, I was pretty busy this month! Thanksgiving was a nice break, but I lost a lot of motivation once I returned to school!

December: I survived my first dead week and finals week! I finished with mostly A's and a few B's and was proud of my grades! My family travelled to Wisconsin for Christmas and visited a lot of family.  I have also spent lots of time catching up on sleep, catching up with friends, making some extra money, and spending time with my family!

Outfit Details:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Skirt: Four Ways

Francesca's is a dangerous store for me to go in to. Over spring break I went into Francesca's to just try on a possible graduation dress and ended up with a dress, skirt, and top- oops! Needless to say, I'm kind of obsessed with this skirt- it's so pretty and feminine! I love the colors and how easy it is to style. In today's post I will be sharing four ways to style this skirt. I am just obsessed with this skirt! The floral detailing is so pretty and feminine. Honestly I felt like it was a little out of my traditional comfort zone, but I decided to go for it! This tank is one of the tops I walked out of Francesca's with. The pink matched the colors in the skirt too perfectly to pass up! I purchased this lace top from LOFT last spring and I have found SO many different ways to style it! It pairs so nicely with this skirt and you can wear it tucked in or out-whatever best fits your preference. I personally like to tu

The Perfect Autumn Cape

Last year I hopped on the cape bandwagon, and I am so glad I did. Similar to blanket scarves, they are just like socially acceptable blankets.  An added bonus is that they are super cute too! I saw a red and black buffalo checked cape in a picture last fall and searched all winter for a look-alike! Finally, a few weeks ago at Walmart, of all places, I spotted this one! I scored it for under $15 and was a happy girl! Here's how I styled it and how you can get the look! I started by layering the cape with a simple white shirt to brighten up the outfit. Between the warmth of the shirt underneath and the cape itself, this look was perfect for a gorgeous fall day. I paired the tops with my go-to American Eagle jeans, to keep the outfit simple and comfortable.   Since I am so short, a lot of material can easily swallow me up and create a very boxy shape. With this in mind, I added a simple tan belt around my waist to give the cape some shape. I was feeling extra excited

Shopping Tips, Tricks, and Rules

I’m sure it is no surprise to you, but I love shopping! And since I love shopping I have picked up a few tips and tricks to be able to shop and get the clothing I want, without breaking the bank. With spring break just around the corner and spring in sight, I thought I would pass on a list of some of the rules I follow while shopping, as well as some tips on how to save money! Personal Rules/Tips: 1.      Think it through When I am shopping I have a rule for myself: I have to be able to put whatever I am considering buying with at least two different outfits. I do this so that I don’t buy something and only be able to wear it one way. I want to get the most out of my clothes and be able to wear them several different ways! I know that not everyone is able to just visualize an outfit, but I personally find it very helpful! 2.      Try it on I know that I definitely sometimes don’t feel like trying everything on, but things can look so different on than they did on the han